Wednesday 23 January 2013

Snow Covered Hills!


When gig photographer, Ken Harrison, sent us his magical photos of Bearwood in the snow, it seemed only right to match them to song by a band who had connections with Bearwood.


Not an easy task, by any means, but Fleetwood Mac's song 'Landslide' seemed the closest fit. 
The connection....Bearwood's very own Chrissie McVie, of course!  Chrissie played keyboards in the band when the song was written in 1975.


"I took my love and I took it down

I climbed a mountain and I turned around

And I saw my reflection in the snow covered hills (Warley Woods, maybe!)

'Till the landslide brought me down "



"Oh, mirror in the sky

What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?

Can I sail thru the changing ocean tides?

Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Mmm Mmm... "


 Here's Landslide by Fleetwood Mac back in the days when Chrissie played keyboards

You can see more of Ken's photos here and read welovebearwood's Ten From Ken interview  here!

No comments:

Post a Comment