It was such a success last year that there’s going to be a second We Are Bearwood Jumble Trail next month.
This year it’s on Saturday 5th September and as it’s organized by Mad as a Hatter Tea Room prepare to be amazed! You’re in for a real treat!Over on the wonderful We Are Bearwood website (check it our right here!) they explain more...
“Bearwood will be transformed into a wonderland of crafts, entertainment and down-right bargains at the second We Are Bearwood Jumble Trail on 5th September, organised by Project Champions Mad as a Hatter Tea Room.
What’s a Jumble Trail?
It’s like a jumble sale but instead of carting all your stuff to a hall, you register on the Jumble Trail Website to set up a stall in front of your house. And on the day of the Jumble Trail, you soak up the atmosphere as you share stalls with your neighbours, barter for goods that they no longer need, or just get to have a natter with your fellow Bearwoodians. Last year’s trail was great with over 30 stalls but this year promises to be a whole lot more. Here’s why:
· Hayley Albright from Mad as a Hatter Tea Rooms on Abbey Road is our project champion for this trail, so she’s organising much of the trail and has lots of Wonderland-themed treats in store for you.
· The more stalls that sign up the better the trail, the atmosphere and cameraderie. So what’s stopping you? You could sell refreshments, bric-a-brac or even treat punters with your musical talent.
· Don’t have a garden? No worries, just get in touch with Thimblemill Library and set up a stall there! Julie and her team are keen to have you – give them a call on 0121 429 2039 to arrange.
· The Bearwood Wonderland Jumble Trail is going to be on 5th September, the same day as the Mad as a Hatter Craft Fair on Abbey Road, so there’ll be plenty to browse through.
· There’s a cupcake in it from Hayley for anyone who dressed up in an Alice In Wonderland themed outfit – make sure you send in your pictures to email@example.com or post to @wearebearwood #BearwoodJumbleTrail on the day!
Set out your stall!
So clear out your attic, declutter your life and offer up your preloved items to others in Bearwood. It’s all free to take part,just sign up and enjoy wondering the trail or chatting to the people that stop by your stall (take it from us, last year’s was a lovely feel-good day, especially if you had a kettle on the go!).
How can you help?We’re designing flyers to help with promotion so please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d be able to help by doing a leaflet drop nearer the time on your street (or more!).”