Monday 8 December 2014

Bearwood has the write stuff!


 
Bearwood has the write stuff!  We've always thought so and we were excited when we found out that Bearwood based writer Lynne Voyce has just had her collection of short stories, Kirigami, published.  It makes for a perfect Christmas pressie.
 
We caught up with Lynne to find out more...
"Kirigami is my first solo short story collection. Many of the stories have won prizes or been published in anthologies, magazines or on line, over the past fourteen years.  Now they have been collected together by Ink Tears Press in a quite ravishing hard back edition that would make a beautiful Christmas gift.

My first story was published by, now defunct, Birmingham literary magazine, Raw Edge.  I remember, clearly, that the first I knew of this little literary success was someone bringing the magazine to me while I sat having a pint in The Bear.  Since then I have won quite a number of prestigious prizes, for example, Legend, Momaya, Flash 500 and Calderdale, and had more than forty short stories published.

So, I wrote the book in bits and pieces, although, strangely, when I had the offer of a publisher putting a collection together, certain themes and motifs emerged from the individual stories that served to make the book a whole. As for what the book is about, Agnes Meadows puts I nicely:

"This is a treasure trove of captivating stories that will tap into everything you ever felt about love and relationships but couldn't express."
(Agnes Meadows, Poet, Writer and Founder Loose Muse Women's Writing Night)

Of course, living in Bearwood has inspired me.  From the very moment I moved here fifteen years ago I felt as if I was living in an imaginative place. Yes, it's very pretty with the woods and the park, but it's also full of people who are using their skills and ideas to make it a creative hub."

Lynne Voyce's Kirigami (Ink Tears Press) is currently available in first edition hardback on Amazon (18.99) and will also shortly be available in Kindle format.  Please click here for more details.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment