Friday 11 November 2011

Bearwood All-Star: Haweli



I love going out for a balti because when I’m eating a good curry I always feel that I could never cook it as well and so cheaply at home.

Luckily for me my favourite balti house Haweli is just around the corner from where I live. I don’t get to go there as often as I would like but when I do I am never disappointed.

We went there last Sunday and the food was delicious – crispy poppadoms with minty raita, sizzling lamb shish kebab, fluffy warm Naan bread and spicy Chicken Jalfrazi all washed down with a nice cold Cobra beer. You can’t beat it!

Haweli is definitely one of my Bearwood All-Stars and I think lots of people would agree. My in-laws endured a 6 hour traffic jam due to the nasty accident on the M5 because you can’t get a good curry in Devon and even by 7pm on a Sunday night the restaurant was packed out.

Where is your ‘foodie heaven’ in Bearwood? Please email us at welovebearwood@googlemail.com as we would love to know! My tummy’s getting hungry just thinking about it!

2 comments:

  1. I like the spice corner, its next door to what used t be jonathans. £7.95 set meal and always nice and tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! £7.95 sounds like a real bargain. Will have to try Spice Corner soon.

    ReplyDelete